Home Insurance

home_ins_img1 home_ins_img2

Home Insurance | Contents Insurance | Expat Insurance Thailand | Tony Dabbs  


Your home is quite likely to be your most expensive asset and so it makes sense that it should be covered by a comprehensive home policy.

However, following the flooding in Thailand in 2011 and the tragic events that took place in New Zealand and Japan, many insurers have been unable to get adequate re-insurance coverage for earthquake, windstorm damage and flooding. As a result many homeowners are seeing a substantial reduction in coverage for these items, if indeed insurance for these items is being offered at all.

We can help you choose the policy that suits you best from household names like Allianz CP, Chartis, LMG, NZI and QBE. Irrespective of which insurance company you choose your policy will cover most or all of the following to varying degrees:

  • Building and contents
  • Personal possessions inside your property
  • Personal liability
  • Personal Accident
  • Electrical damage
  • Temporary accommodation
  • Burglary
  • Accidental damage to fixed glass

NZI and QBE offer more in addition and their cover may be closer in terms of cover to what your are used for things such as personal effects and valuables

What are the general policy exclusions?

  • Houses partially or fully constructed with wood.
  • Premises in an area deemed to be a fire risk.
  • Gold and gold bullion, jewelry gems, precious stones, antiques, documents, manuscripts, paintings, securities, stamps etc.
  • Glass, china, earthenware, marble and other fragile objects.
  • Explosive items, all vehicles either road use, waterborne or airway.
  • War and terrorism.
  • The theft or loss of electronic data.